It’s hard to believe that we are halfway through the year. It’s a good time to pause and reflect on the first half of the year to see where you are versus where you hoped to be this time of the year. Make an effort to look back at the first half of the year without getting stuck in feelings of guilt or regret if you are off track. The goal of a mid-year evaluation is to review, reflect, correct (as appropriate), and keep moving forward.
If you work in a business setting, you are more than likely used to a mid-year assessment related to your role/position. It is also a good practice for other areas of your life. Here are a few questions for you to consider:
- What have I accomplished year to date?
- Consider all of your life areas (e.g., career, finances, health & fitness, etc.)
- Celebrate your accomplishments no matter how big or small.
- What didn’t I accomplish that I really wanted to? Why?
- Who or what has been my greatest blessing? Why?
- What did I learn?
- How did I grow?
- What am I really committed to?
The last question is important to crystalize as a part of your mid-year evaluation. It will help you to see where you need to make adjustments to your current plan or change course and create a new plan of action.
For your reference, I have provided links to previous posts that are related to this topic.
Keep moving forward! 🙂
All the best,